May 29, 2008

Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchiladas

Someone brought these to an elder's quarom party. I was a little worried that the sauce was green, but they were SO GOOD!! I had to come home and make them a couple days after the party.

1 lb uncooked chicken breast strips (I just cooked and shredded mine)
1- 8oz pkg cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 can (4.5 oz) chpped green chilis
1 pkg flour tortillas ( 6 inch)
2 cans (10 oz each) green chile enchilda sauce
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheee

Heat oven to 400*. Lightly grease 9x13 pan. Heat skillet- cook chicken over medium heat until done, add cream cheese and chilis until blended and cream cheese is melted. Spoon mixure into tortillas, place seam side down in pan. Pour enchilada sauce over top, sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Yummy!!

I made a pan of 8 enchiladas--although, I noticed after the recipe says this will make 12.

No comments: